Giving allows me to touch the lives of people I don’t even know, but whose lives I would like to help improve.”
~ L. Stanley Chauvin, Jr.
Many of us have seen a child who lacks the love and support of a caring adult … we have seen an elderly person who is lonely and isolated … we have seen a friend who is struggling with the loss of a loved one … we have seen a young person who has a developmental disability struggle to learn a task that comes easily to his or her peers. When we confront these situations, we want to reach out and help.
Your gift can make a difference in the life of a person who has a developmental disability or a mental health problem.
A gift to the Transitions Foundation helps ensure that when a child, an adult, or a senior citizen in our community needs mental health care or a rehabilitation service, that affordable, community-based services will be there for them.
How Gifts to Transitions are Used
Gifts to the Transitions Foundation are used to ….
- Support programs and services so that people, regardless of income have access to mental health treatment
- Meet emerging needs in our community
- Purchase equipment and capital items used in the delivery of our services
- Make capital improvements to agency property
Gifts to the Transitions Foundation may be given to support the agency’s general operations or most pressing needs (unrestricted), or may be restricted for a specific purpose. Donors may direct their gifts for a specific purpose by designating their gifts to:
- help children who have a severe developmental disability
- help infants and toddlers who have, or are at risk for delays in development
- help people who have a serious mental illness live successfully in our community
- help people who cannot afford mental health treatment receive these needed services by giving to the Julie Sturhahn Barry Mental Health Assistance Fund
- help people with disabilities learn work skills and independent living skills
- help people with disabilities enjoy leisure and recreational activities in the community
- help people with disabilities who are residing in Transitions’ group homes and apartments
- help operate and develop Camp Sacajawea
- help with capital needs/projects
- help grow the Transitions Endowment Fund
We deeply appreciate gifts in any amount
Read about current needs.
Read about giving your time and talents through volunteerism.